We are located on Tseshaht First Nation lands in the temperate coastal rainforest of west coast Vancouver Island, right next to the city of Port Alberni. Our community is part of the Alberni Valley at the head of the Alberni Inlet and the mouth of the Somass River.
The property is home to Ahtsik Gallery, Gordon Dick Studio and an outdoor carving shelter, each custom built from locally-sourced western red cedar.
Getting to us
- From Port Alberni: 5 minutes
- From Tofino: 1 hour + 42 minutes
- From Nanaimo: 1 hour + 12 minutes
- From Victoria: 2 hours + 38 minutes
- From Vancouver/Horseshoe Bay: 3 hours +16 minutes (includes ferry)
We are still welcoming visitors but during this time we are open by appointment only. You will be required to wear a mask and to sanitize your hands upon entry. Due to the gallery's small size we are limiting the number of guests to 3 at a time. Thank you for your understanding.